IT Service Desk Manager (m/w)
The IT Service Desk Manager will coordinate administration and operation of the Group wide Hoist Finance IT Service Desk function, ensuring end-user problems and issues are resolved quickly. Direct ownership of our Service Desk Specialists ensuring they provide excellent customer service and resolve all technical issues and service requests in a timely manner. Responsible for development of Service Desk policies and operating procedures. Provide recommendations to management on industry best practices. Investigate and escalate and troubleshoot difficult and complex end-user systems problems that other service desk staff are unable to resolve. Ensure proper ticket handling, including routing to appropriate assignment groups. Aide in the development and adherence of Service Level Agreements in delivering business service to our customers. Provide data and reporting of KPI’s and trends to IT leadership, weekly, monthly and ad-hoc as needed. Drive and understand Service Desk metrics. Coach and mentor Service Desk Specialists including career development.
- Manage the IT Service Desk team distributed across several countries and evaluate performance.
- Recruit, train and support Service Desk Specialists
- Responsible for ensuring users are provided efficient and timely first and second level support
- Manage and prioritize Service Desk resources and user request.
- Contribute to improving customer support by actively responding to queries and handling complaints.
- Establish best practices through the entire technical support process.
- Assist Service Desk Specialists with proposing and evaluating potential technical solutions to end user IT systems difficulties.
- Communicate technical and non-technical problems, solutions, and processes.
- Develop daily, weekly and monthly reports on Service Desk team’s productivity.
- Coordinate, lead, and monitor responses to technical systems inquiries.
- Support and lead solutions with service providers.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES
Knowledge & Experience
- Solid technical background combined with customer service experience
- Knowledge of the theories, principles, and best industry practices (ITIL) used within a Service Desk environment to provide systems administration which meets user requirements and conforms to corporate system standards
- Knowledge of network devices and protocols, client-server software, server platforms
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience using software to troubleshoot problems and prepare reports (e.g. ITSM-Tools, Citrix, Microsoft Office, Active Directory, etc.)
- Interpersonal and leadership skills to independently manage end-user incidents and to liaise with IT Support teams
- Written communication skills to prepare and maintain documentation, reports, and correspondence.
- Organizational, coordination, prioritization, and time management skills to independently handle a variety of ongoing activities in order to minimize end-user down-time
- Tracks and monitors status of service restoration
- Metrics reporting and trending
- Ability to travel up to 20% monthly
- The ability to work as part of a multicultural team
- Problem-solving attitude with an ability to motivate the Service Desk team to achieve specific goals
- Demonstrated customer service skills to maintain systems which support the provision of excellence in customer service
- Demonstrated oral communication skills to resolve technical problems with technical and non-technical individuals and to explain technical capabilities to end users
- Highly self-motivated and directed and keen attention to detail
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment
- Ability to make decisions (where necessary)
- German native
- English fluent
Basic Education and/or Experience Requirements
- University Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role.
- ITIL Certification
If you are excited about what you’ve read, please send a personal letter along with your CV to: email@example.com